Monday, October 8, 2007

My Daddy's Birthday...

On Friday October 5, Jay turned 27. Some of you may think that I am alot older, particulary our wonderful nephew Matthew; but I am only 27 this year...currently 27 headed on 227. There is an established rule in our home...we listen to and then laugh at all things Matthew says (and hope that Charlie can't pick up on them quite yet). As a rule, Matthew believes that his Uncle Jay is older than everyone in his entire family (grandparents included), except his Da. Da is his Paternal-Grandfather. Additionally, I share my birthday week with Jennifer's Aunt Carol and her Nanny. Happy Birthday Carol and Nanny!!! Carol, we hope it made you feel great when Matthew casually explained that there was no possible way you were older than Uncle Jay. Well, there you have it....a summary of how old, hagard and fat I am. Well, what are you supposed to do..."Kids say the darndest things." I had a nice birthday; Charlie had a great day as well. We (Jay, Jennifer and Charlie) went shopping and out to eat on Friday afternoon. We had a lovely lunch, where the little man behaved like the angel he is. While out, Daddy picked up a few birthday presents to display for all.

Because Jennifer is the best wife in the world...I must show off the present she got me. Just in case the picture does not translate well, I will explain; for my birthday, Jennifer got me 2 tickets to the October 21 Dallas Cowboys game. Furthermore, Jenn decided I would get to go with Ben (brother in law) to the game. The Cowboys are taking on the Minnesota Vikings and our tickets are lower level...we can't wait.

Before I move on the the good part, and the only part of this blog that has great meaning, I have received several requests and a significant amount of proding from my lovely and intelligent wife to attach an updated picture of Daddy/Jay to this blog. As I have photo-phobia issues and a sense of humor that often only amuses myself, I decided to submit to Jennifer's wishes...but with two simple conditions...1-my picture had to immediately be followed by pictures of the dogs and 2-my portrait had to be a self portrait, or as I like to call it "Blair Witch Style" Thus, without further delay...here I am.

And as promised, Peanut and Napoleon...

Now, onto the good stuff. While it's only been about a week since our last post, Charlie has been so busy. His days are still filled with sleeping, eating and pooping...but each day he gets more attentive, more alert and more active. When he stares at you with his big blue eyes, your heart just wants to melt. We think of ourselves as so lucky to have him. Although I was not around to see it, Charlie reached quite the little milestone this weekend...he rolled over from his stomach to back. As this action was witnessed by more than just Jennifer (Amanda and Ben saw it too), I felt it was worthy of being posted and of course bragged about. Our little man got so frustrated with how Mommy had him positioned, that he up and turned himself around to see the world. I have decided, with consulation with Charile, that the best way for Charlie to send his love is through pictures. So, no more words from Daddy...just pictures of our handsome little man.

Charlie looks forward to seeing everyone in Savannah this week.

-----Jay, Jennifer, Charlie, Peanut and Napoleon-----

2 comments:

savannahnana said...

Charlie,
What a wonderful boy you are, and why wouldn't you be with such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy? I know you had a great time helping celebrate Daddy's birthday Friday. Daddy's picture doesn't do him justice. He is a handsome devil and really looks like your Papa in that "self portrait". We can't wait to see you and your Mommy this week. All your aunts and uncles and cousins and Grana are eagerly awaiting your arrival. We love all five of you!
Nana

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you all are visiting w/all the relatives in Savannah this week. However, I do understand...just a bit selfish as I can't wait for my turn to hold my handsome great-grandson. Jay you are must better looking than the pic you posted. My love to all of you. MeMaw

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker