Monday, October 1, 2007

La-La-La-La. La-La-La-La. Charlie's World...

Tonight, I thought it would be appropriate to bring everyone into Charlie's world. I tried to steal from Elmo with the above title; I am not all that certain I was able to pull it off. Luckly, Charlie is still a bit aways from Elmo, the Wiggles and something I am told goes "Go, Diego Go!!" ????? Thus, without further ado...I take you into Charlie's world.
Here are a couple of pictures showing off Charlie's bedroom.

A few of Charlie's many special people.

Before we are overrun by Elmo, Cookie Monster, Nemo, Dumbo or any number of other characters that will soon grace our lives and rule our very existance, Jenn and I decided to set Charlie's room up with a sports theme. It is heavily tilted toward baseball. I am certain Charlie does not mind his room; in fact, he barely uses it; outside of changing clothes and having his diaper changed. The most recent addition to Charlie's room came from Jennifer's friend Stephanie. Charlie wants me to tell Ms. Stephanie thank you for his framed Grayson Stadium. Charlie also has a picture showing his support for Hank Aaron, the Atlanta Braves and the Boston Red Sox. However, Charlie's favorite displays the native son of Texas, Nolan Ryan, taking exception to Robin Ventura charging the mound.

Before I transition into the meat of this blog - pictures and new info on Charlie - let me explain a bit of my reasoning for posting scenes of Charlie' s world. For the most part, the people who love and care about Charlie (and Jenn/Jay) are a great distance away...we hope sharing pictures of Charlie's room and other things assists in bringing everyone into our lives just a little bit more. So...to leave you in a bit more anticipation, here are a few more pictures of Charlie's world. I will allow Charlie to describe these next pitcures.

Where I watch the birdies.

My recliner.

My gang.

Mommy's salvation.

Those silly puppies.

Everything is going well. Jenn is still on maternity leave. She is going to return to work on October 17. She and Charlie are diligently thinking of all the things they want to do when in Savannah. Jenn took Charlie to the her hospital today for a visit. While there, Charlie got weighed. Charlie now weighs in at 9lbs and 4ozs. He has gained a full 3lbs since we brought him home from the hospital. While Jenn and I were excited about his steady progress toward fitting into more of his clothes, Charlie had a different take. Charlie informed us that he is no longer the smallest resident of the Stuart house. His exact words were, "you better watch out Peanut...I'm bigger than you now." He offerred no warning for Napoleon. Napoleon is the Barry Bonds of Chihuahua's. He is a long and lanky 12+ pounds.

Now onto the best part of the blog...new pictures of Charlie.

Taking that all important 16th nap of the day

Quietly, explaining that Tie-dye is still cool.

Expressing dismay over the Braves' not making the postseason

Patiently waiting to see if the Mets' will choke - they DID!!!

Pondering Braves' lineup changes for 2008

Hanging out with his big cousin, Matthew

Matthew asking where Charlie gets his good looks from - Mommy!!!

Well, there you have it. As comprehensive an update as I can offer into Charlie's world. I hope everyone reads the blog and reviews the pictures carefully; there will be a pop quiz on Charlie at some time in the undetermined future. Again, we hope this blog helps make everyone feel like Charlie lives right around the corner. We love and miss everyone and will talk to ya'll soon.

--------Jay, Jenn, Charlie, Peanut and Napoleon-------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn & Jay congratulations, Charlie is such a handsome guy. Glad all are doing well, I love being able to see what's going on with the family in Texas. As I look at his pictures I can't help but wonder how great he'd look in "blue yankee pinstripes".

Love to all,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Charlie you are one good looking fellow..a combination of your beautiful Mother and your handsome one year older Dad. I'm sure YOU helped Dad celebrate his special day yesterday. Give him a big hug and kiss for MeMaw. Your room is just perfect for a boy named "Charlie". MeMaw is looking at flight schedules etc hoping to find a way to see you and hold you tight in my arms. I miss all of you; yes Peanut and Napolean too.
Sending lots of love to all MEMAW

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker